We’ve released a new version of Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut on the Xbox One and Microsoft Store that implements Play Anywhere functionality, including cross-platform Achievements*. Owning the game on either the Xbox One or Microsoft Store will grant ownership across both platforms, in addition to sharing save data and achievements.
If you’re already playing Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut on the Xbox One or Microsoft Store (and/or Xbox Game Pass PC app) with a version installed before May 20, 2020, read below for further instructions.
*Please note that this is the only version of Wasteland 2 available via the Microsoft Store/Xbox that grants achievements. If you are playing via the Xbox app/Microsoft Store version, and are not seeing achievements awarded appropriately, please reinstall the game and reattempt.
Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass for PC
- The Play Anywhere version of Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut is available as a separate product, and must be installed even if you’ve already been playing the title.
- Your existing install will continue to be available. After your saves have been imported (please keep reading) you’re free to uninstall it.
- When first launching the new Play Anywhere version the game will automatically import your existing saves and upload them to the cloud, making them available across both platforms.
- The Play Anywhere version has a more limited number of saves available, so upon launching the PC version you may be asked to choose which save games to keep.
- If you’ve previously played on Xbox One and are installing from the Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC app for the first time, you’ll be presented with those save games automatically imported from the cloud.
- The Xbox One version of Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut requires no special updates or changes to enable the Play Anywhere functionality. Keep playing and feel empowered to continue the game from your PC whenever you like!