This error, indicated by a never-ending save spinner on the Load Game menu, can sometimes occur if you get a corrupt save file, or are playing very old save files from Torment's early access or beta version (anything prior to the December 2016 Tidal Surge update).
To resolve this issue, you will need to remove the corrupt or old save file. Save files are located here depending on your operating system:
- Windows: <your user folder>\AppData\LocalLow\InXile Entertainment\Torment\Saves \
- macOS: /Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/<Torment>/
- Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/InXile Entertainment/Torment
Once you have identified the save file which is damaged, you can delete it or move it to another location temporarily, and see if that causes the Load Game menu to start working again.
If you have Steam Cloud enabled, Steam may re-download the corrupt or old save file. You may need to temporarily disable Steam Cloud in your Torment game properties within your Steam Library. To do this:
- Open Steam and visit the "Library" tab.
- Go to Torment: Tides of Numenera, right-click it, and select "Properties".
- Under the "Updates" tab, uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud".